Supporting our Local Community
Supporting our local community
The Honeyman Group is proud to be part of Barnard Castle's vibrant yet traditional rural community. A huge number of diverse community groups and organisations exist within Teesdale, many of which the Honeyman Group has been delighted to support.
Affectionately referred to as 'Barney' by residents, Barnard Castle is home to many historical jewels including the Bowes Museum (a nineteenth century French-style château housing amongst its collections paintings by Canaletto and Goya), and a Norman castle from which Barnard Castle takes its name.
Only a short drive away, further up in the Northern Pennines, the River Tees cascades over England's highest waterfall, High Force.
Groups which the Honeyman Group has been delighted to support include:
- Barnard Castle Rugby Club
- Barnard Castle District Girl Guides
- Barnard Castle Meet
- Barnard Castle Rotary Club
- AM:AM Charity Golf Day
- Barnard Castle School
- Sports Tours
- Bowes Agricultural Society
- Friends of Bowes Museum Music Group
- A variety of concerts throughout the summer, from Big Band to Chamber Orchestras, raising vital funds to contribute to the restoration of the museum and its collections.
- Girl Guides Cultural Exchange Programme to Japan
- Green Lane Nursery and Childcare Centre
- Summer Beach Party
- Play @ Cotherstone
- Bonfire and Firework Fundraiser
- Splash Kids Swimming Development Scheme
- Stainton and Streatlam Village Hall Association
- TCR's 'The Hub'
- Teesdale Committee: Cancer Research UK
- Teesdale School, Science College and Sixth Form Centre
- Teesdale and Wear Valley Riding for the Disabled Association
- The Prince's Trust Million Makers Challenge (Teesdale and Wear Valley Enterprise Agency)