Biological Indicator Testing
One of the world's largest BIER Vessels
Pick a Service
Biological Indicator Evaluation Resistometer (BIER) Vessel
With one of the world's largest Biological Indicator Evaluation Resistometer (BIER) vessels, Honeyman is one of the few independent contract laboratories with the capability to perform D-Value analysis and other associated thermal studies by direct inoculation of product or equipment using Biological Indicator Organisms (BI's).
Specialists in the validation of sterilisation processes, we offer a wide range of Biological Indicator (BI) formats including; spore ampoules, strips, discs, metal discs, suspensions, threads and wires:
- Independent D-Value verification of Manufacturer's Certificate Values to ensure no significant differences in accordance with USP and ISO11138 acceptance criteria
- Survival and kill time verification applying either the EP/PhEur and USP Acceptance Criteria
- Biological Indicator Stability Studies
- Biological Indicator use and application for the Validation of Sterile Processes
- Biological Indicator Direct Inoculation studies on products, components (e.g. bung or stopper washing sterilisation) and critical equipment
- Biological Indicator population identification
- Biological Indicator spore counts
For further information and advice on Biological Indicators please browse our laboratories Knowledge Hub below, or contact us about your analytical testing requirements.